lunes, 20 de agosto de 2007

Jugula



Grandeur does not begin to describe Rome. You certainly get a feel of awe when walking in the streets of at one point in time used to be the center of the world (now relocated 2 blocks down from my grandparents). As I was walking down the forum I tried to imagine the old days, everybody yelling and screaming: toga, toga, toga!!!! It must have been pretty crazy.
The Vatican? I better not get started on how much they have stolen, destroyed and plundered. All of the art, all that money, all that “showing off”,why? I wonder. Some feelings of anger were brought up, but also have to admit there was some awesome art. The Rafaello room took me a bit to peel away from. In short, things that caught my emotions (this kind of work, does just catch your eye): the terror in Medusa’s eyes as Perseo is holding her head, the emotionless look in Maria as she holds her son, the contempt in Rafaello as he looks at himself drawing, the disgust and anger in Aristoteles as he argues with Platon. Wish I knew more about art…. I really like the cherub/eros small statues. They looked devilish, just the way I felt that day….

No hay comentarios.: