jueves, 18 de octubre de 2007

Dosvedania Russia



After all this time (15 days later) trying to leave Russia I’m finally able to do so today, and as I wait for my train out of here I take a long stroll through the city that has seen me day in and day out for 5 weeks. And it's just today that I realize I don’t really want to leave... the irony. Plus today is Thursday Tango so what better a reason to stay just one more day…
I’ll miss the crowded metro, and the babushkas elbowing you in the ribs to get in front of you in the queue... I’ll miss Pasha saving me his last rotisserie chicken at 9 o’clock, and Masha with her everyday smile when giving me my blini (pancake) with nutella...

 I'll miss poor Anya giving me rides back from tango so I won’t have to leave at one o’clock with the last metro... Russian bands playing Spanish songs, really!!... Igor, the receptionist, who is never to tired to drink vodka... Sveta trying to convince me to learn pashtu… I’ll miss the sight of St Basil early in the morning as I stroll back to the hostel from a short salsa night, early in the morning, when there is nobody at Red Square; just a few drunks, St Basil and I… but I should return next year and hope everything stays the same, or not, at least till I see them again…

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

Your insight view is usefule for us. Thanks!