viernes, 3 de setiembre de 2010

Corfu

 Before leaving Puglia I talked to my CS host about my plans: Italy, then Greece, then Turkey.
"Good choice", he said, "we're all the same but a little different, you'll see"....
I crossed the bit of water separating Puglia and Corfu last night to encounter that he had told me today: I´ve encountered an Italy with a different language and it has taken the name of Corfu. Venetian style buildings, laid back people; shops, cafes, streets and alleyways still carry that Italian flavour.Ancient Greece awaits to be seen yet...
 And we head North. A half loop around the island (up and down thru beach towns; searching for half inhabited spots) but as we ride it is not Greece that impresses us but the view of the Albanian Mountain Ridge. So close I feel I can jump (or at least) swim to it. It stands high. Arid. Mighty. touching the water almost. A sight to be remembered. Maybe also Odiseo's last sight before leaving for Ithaca.... ;)

No hay comentarios.: