lunes, 10 de setiembre de 2012

comida 1

which peruvian, proud to be called so, can disassociate names of cities with the names of their traditional dishes?
How could one hear Arequipa without inmediately thinking of a nice rocoto relleno or a cuy chactao? or if passing by Tumbes, not yearn for a taste of conchas negras? o la rica selva con su tacacho y su cecina mmmmm
desde ya, se me hace agua la boca
....
.....
Turkey, this beautiful land I have the pleasure to be travelling through at the moment, is no different.
Different areas mean different exquisite dishes.
And being the good Turk I pride myself in being, I've made it my mission to try and sample them all :)
I find myself in Mersin today and Mersin is known for its Tantuni, but fate, being the jokester she is, will have me spending my afternoons around a different type of dish. A tad sweeter.




Fate dropped me off in an ice cream shop one afternoon and then, she turned around and left.
Mustafa picked me up from there...
He sat me down, gave me a piece of baclava, then some icream and then the conversation started. A person that loves his job is so difficult to find but, when found, it is so refreshing to talk to.
It was a pleasure almost as big as the pleasure of eating his ice cream... To tour his shop, to hear him talk about ingredients, and fruits, and freshness, and and and and ... just to watch him talk drew a smile on my face...

and made me go back later.
and then the following day :)

I wouldn't have guessed this area was so sweet ..... bici bici? Karsanbac? anyone?













No hay comentarios.: