domingo, 24 de julio de 2011

Paceños


Chaotic, crowded, frantic, messy ... and plain bizarre.

Before coming I had heard La Paz sat on a valley, but as I come close (and down) into the city, the valley looks more like a bowl to me, a giant stone bowl made out of mountains and within it little sprinkles of houses with some even pouring out of the bowl as the houses go from the valley into the sides of the mountain to later creep into the peaks...

and, as if this wasnt strange enough, in this mixture of small sprinkles, right in the middle of the bowl, some huge spoons raise up: a whole neighbourhood of skyscrappers breaks into the sky contrasting with the whole 3-floors up city average...

Inside the city, the mess doesn't stop. Chaos goes on as 1000´s of people and cars cross the main arteries of the city, as little zebras try to put some order ;)


but amidst all these, people still keep their town spirit. A "good morning" and a "Welcome to my country, hope you like it" warmed me at every stand I stepped in.....

y del mercado con su api y pastel mmmm  ni hablar.....


No hay comentarios.: