sábado, 31 de diciembre de 2011

Año Nuevo



and I quote her text, a text from a very good/beautiful friend, on a Saturday December 30th "Have a Happy New Year. Im taking a ship now to Haydarpaşa, then a train to Ankara. See you next year :) " a parting New Year´s wish....

  Maybe it was the alcohol in my system, maybe it was the enthusiasm of the coming New Year´s party, I don´t know what it was but shortly after reading the message I stood up, bid farewell to my host and my friends there. I left the house and at a light throttle and under a refreshing breeze I started making my way to the ferry station that will take me to Haydarpasa. No texting parting wishes....
  And on the way back, a thought spark a series of thoughts: the why's, the what for´s, the under what right, assumption or supposition.... but it had come to me as a feeling and as such I acted on it, and the feeling I'm going round and round for so long I'll finally get to it. Let me grab a drink first...
 
The feelings of belonging are the ones that made me run, that assured me my spazz move will be well received, that ultimately let me know it was a true friend the one parting... And to the point we get. On my short 10 month all-together-stay in Istanbul, I can already say I´ve found true friendship. The kind of friendship that makes you run after a ship, the one that makes you stay up all night proofreading some paper, that kind that lets you enjoy the company, the interests, the silence....


  And the New Year´s party begins and ends in the best way. The same group that gets together every other weekend was there. Some more alcohol, a little more food and a few more ballons, but basically the same.I´d like to think it´s because there was no better way to celebrate. When we can say that, haven´t we reached something, somewhere: no better way to celebrate that do what you always do....











  but we do make it a little different, we make our way to the shore, our shore, to enjoy the fireworks for a bit. Someone had bought champagne. If someone buys it, we can struggle with the cork. pas souci. Our first-of-the-year round finishes right on cue to leave space for the rain to come down. We walk, we jog, we run.
We arrive.
More balloons have made its appearance....
time for an ultimate massacre game ;)




No hay comentarios.: