miércoles, 18 de julio de 2007

Con un par


With a couple of “ostiones” and a “Cubanito” I say goodbye to Cuba, the Island of my dreams. I say goodbye to that one peso rum that so many friendships forged, I say goodbye to the refrescos, the batidos, the pan con lechón, and those awfull pizzas, how I’ll miss them, I say goodbye to the Habaneros, and specially the Habaneras, el son, la salsa y la trova, but not before singing one more time, very much off key, Yolanda all the way to the airport. But I don’t say goodbye to the friends, whom they tell me, like if I were one of the 5 heroes: “volverás” & why not, maybe they’ll have me make ceviche one more time…
My dream became reality and I couldn´t ask for more. I got educated on history, religion, culture, dance and love. Love for a cause, for a revolution. Love and passion... and also discontent. And Ill treasure those sunset along the malecón calling out for Silvio, those days at the beach tuning for La Charanga, and that woman, standing on the drums, telling me my saint is Xangó…

No hay comentarios.: