lunes, 23 de julio de 2007

Tren a SiraXXX Catania




Being in Europe I tend to forget Italians are latin, very latin. I took the train Milano-Siracusa and it brought back home to me: the train was late, it broke down on the way, there were too many people, there was flirting, scandal, arguments, too much luggage, cats and dogs (no chickens though), one asshole, and everybody was speaking way too loudly and at the same time: it was great!. I did the first part of the trip with a girl from Tuscany, very beautifull girl, very fragile, almost not fitting in this whole context.Poor thing. She must have thought I was hitting on her at the beginning but when she realized I just wanted to talk everything went well... except my Italian which is still atrocious.
Then the 2nd part of the trip I did it with an older lady from Catania, sweet lady actually. She convinced me to stay in Catania instead of going all the way to Siracusa, so I did and Im glad. Its been day and night from Milano. From the train to the beach to the people, everything is that much more "Italian" from my point of view ;)
Tomorrow Etna….
Oh! and it happens to be the Summer Tango Festival in Sicily at the moment. And guess who’s playing Friday? Gotan Project, cannot wait….


No hay comentarios.: