lunes, 9 de julio de 2007

Jamaica



"You blood, wha gwaan? You done know, dog seen, You done know, seen dog" Just warming up...
Just leaving the airport toward Kingston and already breathtaking, you take this road long strip that connects the airport and the Parish and divides the ocean (ït's the sea"a kid will correct you...) and the bay. The contrast, the black and obscure bay water and the deep blue of open water, the kind of blue that makes it hard to distingish between ocean and sky. Beautiful contrasts in a troubled city, my visit and elections coincide, not the calmest of times, and yet people find a way to celebrate, anything. Despite the poverty, or maybe because of it, people dance till high morning, inventing dances and acrobatics that make them unique, even if for once...
And I wait now for the visit of my life,one more time switching passports, one more customs to clear, but I'm coming... Pablo, Silvio, Carlos, I'm coming...

No hay comentarios.: