sábado, 19 de setiembre de 2009

Shama` Tova`

Wrong place and wrong time can make for incredible rendevous as well....

A last minute invitation turned my usual Friday into an unexpected celebration: Jewish New Years, last one on my head.... Masha, whom i had met just once before about a week ago, gives me a call to tell me our prior circus appointmtnt couldnt be because she wouldnt be in town but instead: "pls come to my house tonight, we will be celebrating Jewish New Year!"
Facing such invite, who could say no? ....
3 hours later, me and Lu are standing around a table full of fruit, honey and condensed milk: To have a good year you must start it in the sweetest of ways.... , so there we are, in the middle of Moscow listening to a Hebrew prayer.... Tons of Spanish, some French and even some Italian words are heard through out the evening. Another prayer in Hebrew and the most unusual marriage proposal I, and most of our hosts, have seen in a while make the crown of the evening. Short goodbyes that we'll hope will become so longs mark the end of the evening...
The last metro calls for us. Time to go. Until next year then... Shalom...

No hay comentarios.: