lunes, 29 de setiembre de 2008

Camino a Venecia


Before Venize, Palladio lived and trived in Vicenza. The city noticed its grandeur and took after him. It lost all of its renaisance and medieval shades and took on the Palladio style. What a preview of what was to come 200km away...



I leave my friends behind and meet Marta who was waiting for me in Ravenna and head north for Venice. Behind are the Tuscan hills and Romagna's mountain passes.




Flat lands lay ahead of me so I indulge into sightseeing. An 88 km straight way becomes then a 240 km round and round around the Delta del Po. Sublime sights of greenery, swamps and wild life. Lands just below sea level, refuge to wild life in Northern Italy, and roads specially dedicated to cycling enhance this experience even more. And a sunset, than to this day, the most beautiful I've seen in Italy...

Inner peace fills my heart as I set on the ferry bus to Pellestrina from Chioggia. A 20 km ride a second ferry and i'll be reaching Lido de Venezia & then Venezia, what an indulge to the senses...

No hay comentarios.: